2019 CMDL Diving Schedule – Blue Division
Monday June 3rd – Friday June 21st
|4:30 – 6:00 pm
Monday, June 24th – Friday, July 12th
(practice schedule will extend if there are make-up meets)
|Ages 10 & under
Ages 11 & up
|8:45 – 10:00 am
9:45 – 11:00 am
|Monday, July 15th – Friday, July 19th
- Email will be the primary means of communication. Emails will primarily come from email@example.com. We also post information on this website under several tabs. Please check your email, we will use the one(s) provided at registration. Please contact us if you would like to add or remove an address we have on file.
- When weather conditions are uncooperative with our diving schedule, we will hold practice in the clubhouse. PLEASE do not skip practice just because it is raining and cold (and still bring bathing suits and towels). Dry land training is a valuable part of our program. An email will be sent out by 8:00am for our morning practices and 3:30 for our evening practices should we need to cancel. Please check your email if you are not sure. If the pool is closed practice is cancelled.
Central Maryland Dive League Judging and Referee Clinics will be offered.
- Anyone interested in becoming a judge for dive meets may attend, as well as those interested in learning how dives are evaluated. Currently, certified judges need to attend every two years to maintain a valid certification. Registration is required. To register, please contact Monica Ivy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2020 Dates Coming soon @ Padonia Park Club
- Thursday, June 20th: Five Oaks @ Forest Hill
- Tuesday, June 25th: Forest Hill @ Padonia
- Thursday, June 27th: NSJ @ Forest Hill
- Tuesday, July 2nd: FAD @ Forest Hill
- Thursday, July 4th: NO MEET
- Tuesday, July 9th: Forest Hill @ Dulaney
- Thursday, July 11th: Forest Hill @ West Howard
- Sunday, July 14th: Dunleavy Novice Meet @ Waugh Chapel
- Tuesday, July 16th: Forest Hill BYE
- Thursday, July 18th: RAINOUT DATE ONLY
- Sunday, July 21st: CMDL Championships @ North St. John’s followed by the End of the Year Party (6pm)
- HOME meets
- Divers report for Warm-ups 3:30-4:30
- Meets begin at 5:30
- AWAY meets
- Divers report for Warm-ups 4:30-5:30
- Meets begin at 5:30
- We also use warm-up time to to make any last minute changes to dive sheets. We must give all completed dive sheets to the official 45 minutes before the start of the meet.
- The day before and/or morning of a dive meet, the coaches will work with the divers to complete their dive sheets for the meet. The dive sheets lists the dives that the diver will be doing for that particular meet.
- Pool addresses and phone numbers are listed below.
- If you child can not make a meet please update their availability on Sign-up Genius.
- Dive meets typically last 2-3 hours depending on the number of divers and start at 5:30. We encourage everyone to stay for the entire meet to cheer on all of the divers!
Evening Fun Friday
Friday-6/21 *Bring your dinner to the pool and dine with the team and coaches*
Morning Fun Fridays
Friday-6/28 *Snowballs and Games*
Friday 7/12 *Fun in the Sun*
- Once the dive meets begin, we will plan to have our Fun Day practices on Fridays. This is an opportunity for the kids and coaches to unwind a little and have fun after completing their dive meets for the week.
|Five Oaks Swim Club
|1817 Frederick Road, Catonsville, MD 21228
|Padonia Park Club
|12006 Jenifer Road, Cockeysville, MD 21030
|North St. John’s Swim & Tennis Club
|9200 Marydell Road, Ellicott City, MD 21042
|Fredrick Area Divers
|500 Fleming Avenue Fredrick, MD 21701
|Dulaney Swim Club
|234 E. Ridgely Road Timonium, MD 21093
|West Howard Swim Club
|16131 Old Fredrick Road Mt.Airy, MD 21771
Baltimore-Area Indoor Diving Facilities:
Winter Diving at Loyola Blakefield with Coach Lisa Lagator
Diving for Gold (by Ron O’Brien, former U.S. Olympic Coach)
MEET REQUIRED DIVES AND GROUPS
*All official divers must perform the dive designated as the meet required dive (as listed on the League schedule as the “Meet Required” dive) as their first dive. Other dives may follow in any sequence.
**6 & Under is an unofficial competition, and therefore do not have to perform a “Meet Required” dive.
***Divers must qualify for championship meet with X01 dives or higher. A diver may not qualify for championships with any X00 dives (jumps) on his/her list, however a diver that competes with a jump can earn points for the team score for (as long as the diver is able to meet the minimum required dives and groups for his/her age group).
Central Maryland Dive League Mission Statement
The Forest Hill Dive Team is part of the Central Maryland Dive League (CMDL). The mission of CMDL is to provide instruction for and competition in springboard diving to children of all ages in a safe, fun environment and to teach and demonstrate good sportsmanship and integrity.
As part of the Central Maryland Dive League, the Forest Hill Dive Team is committed to fulfilling the CMDL’s mission. To be successful in fulfilling this mission, it requires a partnership between the coaches, divers and parents. Here is how we can all work together:
|Coaches are committed to:
|What parents can do:
|What divers are expected to do:
|· Maintaining an affirming, positive, learning environment.
· Supporting divers as they do their best.
· Maintaining communication with divers and their parents.
· Motivating divers to reach their goals.
· Encouraging and instructing divers safely, as they strive to perfect their dives, and try new dives.
· Providing divers with the understanding of CMDL rules.
|· Provide positive support to your diver and the team.
· Get your child to practice and dive meets on time.
· Keep communication open with coaches; either before or after practices but not during practices.
· Watch practice outside the dive well area (parents are not allowed on the deck while practice is in session).
· Volunteer at dive meets (see page 3 for opportunities)!
|· Always follow instruction to insure your safety.
· While waiting for your turn, be quiet and wait patiently. Being a distraction endangers the divers on the boards.
· Know your dives and your dive sheet.
· Talk to the coaches if you have any concerns, questions, or comments.
· Stay for the whole meet to support your teammates.
· Do your best and have fun!
Diver Expectation Form
Divers and their parents are asked to complete a diver expectation form. The form asks for information about a diver’s expectations/goals for the season as well as parent expectations for their child for the season. There is also a sportsmanship statement that parents and divers are asked to review and then sign. These forms should be returned to the coaches so they can become more familiar with your child’s goals and what you expect as a parent for your child. Forms will be provided at practice.