2023 Swim Lessons
Forest Hill is pleased to offer Swim America swim lessons again this summer. Swim America lessons are taught by members of the American Swimming Coaches Association (A.S.C.A), and offer expert instruction starting with water acclimation and eventually progress to learning proper stroke techniques. This year our swim lesson director will be Julia Littlefield. We are looking forward to a great lesson season!
The Swim America Program is designed by professional swim coaches and utilizes the station method to effectively teach a progressive set of skills. Once a child learns how to exhale under water, they will eventually progress through all 8 stations, focusing on learning critical skills that will enable them to breathe more effectively and swim all four strokes properly. The end goal (after completing Station 5) is to successfully swim an entire length of the pool, non-stop. Because Swim America is goal-directed, the in-water instructor to student ratio will never exceed 1:5.
Unless otherwise noted, all lessons are taught in the main or lap pool, both of which have a minimum depth of 3 feet.
If you have any questions regarding which level would be the best fit for your child, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sessions & Fees
|Lessons will be Monday- Thursday with *Friday as make up day. Please note session 2 will hold lessons on Fri 7/7 instead of Tue 7/4.
– Session 1: June 19 – June 29
– Session 2: July 3 – 13 (no lessons on Tue 7/4, lessons on Fri 7/7)
– Session 3: July 17-27
AM Sessions 8:30 – 10:00 am
PM Sessions 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Fees are $100 per session for members / $160 per session for non members
***Please note: registration will close at 8 am the Sunday before the start of lessons to allow for appropriate staffing for the lessons. Thank you for your understanding***
***Please note that you should only sign your child up for one station. Swim America runs through a series of stations. Each child needs to master the skills in the station prior to beginning another station.
|Station 1: Introduction to Water Skills; Adaptation
Station 2: Floats & Glides
Station 3: Kicking
Station 4: Crawl Stroke
Station 5: Freestyle
Station 6: Backstroke
Station 7: Breaststroke
Station 8: Butterfly
|***Only sign up for one of the above stations per child
- Registration for all sessions opens May 1, 2023.
- Registration forms are available in the calendar. Please access the calendar or click the links below to register.
- Registration and payment are due prior to the first day of the session.
- Please note a $5 processing fee will be charged for any cancellations.
- As of June 6, morning lessons are now open to members and non-members. Evening lessons are open to members and non-members.
- Non-members must complete the guest waiver form before entering the grounds.
- Please message email@example.com with any questions.