We are sad to share the news that CMDL made the tough decision to cancel the summer league.
Please see the letter shared by the League on May 13, 2020.
JOIN THE DIVE TEAM
The Forest Hill Frogs Dive Team invites you to join the team!
When you join the Dive Team you can look forward to:
- Learning and improving diving skills over the season
- Setting and achieving goals
- Improving your self-confidence
- Improving coordination and mental discipline
- Making friends
- Practicing and competing as a team and individual in a highly supportive environment
- Having fun!!!
DIVE TEAM PARENTS MEETING
- Please plan to attend our dive team parents’ meeting on Wednesday, May 20, 2020 @ 6:00 PM at the pool. The coaches will have a brief presentation and will be available to answer any questions.
- Cy’s will be at the pool on May 20th, from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm, with the dive team suit (swim and dive team have the same suit). Please note that the swim and dive team get a new suit every two years. This year will be the first year of the two year suit. You can also purchase the suits online at www.cysswim.com or call them at (410) 747-8760.
- Registration fee is $130 per diver
- For more information on our Learn to Dive program including dates and times of upcoming sessions, click on the Aquatics Tab and then click on Dive Lessons or contact Monica Ivy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information can also be found on the Calendar.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is diving safe? YES. Diving skills are taught and learned according to the individual. A diver’s age and readiness are taken into account. The use of mats on the pool deck will help in getting the new diver comfortable with the proper techniques for diving off the board.
- What kinds of dives will my kids do? Divers of all ages start by learning the fundamentals and progress as they are ready. Each child is taught and coached based on their abilities. The youngest divers start with forward and backward straight jumps and progress to dives when they are comfortable.
- Who can join the Dive Team? Any member less than 18 years old, who successfully passed the Forest Hill swim test, is eligible to join the dive team. If a diver has reached the age of 19 prior to graduating from high school, and has not yet entered college, he/she will remain eligible for competition until the end of the season, following high school graduation.
- Does the practice schedule allow for my child to do both Dive Team and Swim Team? YES. If help is needed in getting a child transitioned from/to another activity, the older dive team members can assist with that. Parents can let the dive representatives or coaches know if such assistance is requested.