- The tennis program at Forest Hill Swim & Tennis Club offers a wide range of opportunities for all interested players, regardless of age or ability. The facility boasts eight hard surface courts, two composite surface courts, a ball machine and hitting backboard. Racket stringing and gripping are available and usually done within 24 hours.
- The program includes instructional, social and competitive play in a variety of settings, from private and group lessons to camps, round robins and workouts, as well as social and interclub events.
- Forest Hill is an outdoor seasonal facility and does not have indoor courts. You will need the code to the tennis gate to use the courts during the Spring and Fall offseason or during the season when the pool and clubhouse are closed. Tennis courts are for members only and their guests. You may request the gate code by logging in and clicking Member Home page.
JON’S CORNER – May
** Courts 1-5 were power washed and look 100% better!
Please make sure that if you are the last person to leave the club, whether it is in the daytime or the evening to close the gate behind you and turn off light switches.
The outside Pickleball leagues have begun they are on M-W evenings from 6:00-9:00 on courts 6-8.
Mt. St. Joe tennis rents courts 1-5 until the middle of May from 3:00-5:00
BRAND NEW! – We are working on adding tennis camps to the calendar. Seven weeks of camps will begin on June 21, with Little Stars (ages 4-6) from 8:30 – 9:15; Futures and Challengers (ages 7 and up) from 9:30-11:00; and Junior Academy – for middle and High school age players who are ready for competition from 8:30-10:30. Additional weeks may be added depending on staff availability.
Pickleball drop-in nights will be held every Tuesday and Thursday beginning in May. Please contact Jon to be added to the mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NEW – The Calendar of events will be up by the end of the month! Some things to look forward to: Mens and Ladies Guest Days; Team Tennis, Which will be tennis and Pickleball this year; a second pickle ball drop-in night; Four Friday night lights-open and organized play for tennis and pickleball players; a club Pickleball championship and our usual holiday mixed doubles and mens and ladies singles and doubles play! Also, check out the Triathlon in August and The Golf Outing in October. Peruse the calendar and we will let you know when you can begin to enroll.
The Pickleball league, run by an outside group will begin play on the week of March 22. The league will operate on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights from 6:00-9:30. Drop-in Pickleball for club members will be on Tuesday AND Thursday nights this season. Tuesday play will begin after the league is over.
Mt. St. Joe rents our courts for the spring season. The will use courts 1-5 from 3:00-5:00, Monday – Friday until mid-May.
The lights are all available. The power will go on to the lights by 6:00. Use the switches for each court to turn on lights for that court.
Weekly play will resume in May! – Singles on Wednesday night at 7:00 and Thursday morning at 10:00 – Ladies Doubles – Monday night at 7:00; Wednesday & Friday mornings from 9:30-11:00; Mens, Ladies and Mixed Doubles – Thursday nights at 7:00; Pickleball drop-in – Tuesday and Thursday nights at 7:00.
Reminder: If you use squeegees, please hang them on the fence after use.
Tennis courts are now open. Please take the time to read the recommended Tennis Guidelines During COVID-19.
- Clinics and lessons have now begun for members and non-members. All non-members must complete the guest waiver form.
- When coming to play, bring as few personal items on the court as possible.
- Bring your own water. We will provide several water jugs (no cups) for water bottle bottle refills.
- When entering/exiting the courts, do not latch the gates on the courts behind you – court gates should remain unlatched to reduce surface contact. The tennis gate with the code to get into the club should remain closed at all times.
- Play will be limited to 90 minutes for doubles and 60 minutes for singles when others are waiting to play. Courts can’t be reserved so please be courteous. Everyone wants to play!
- If court space allows, do not play on adjacent courts.
- The ball machine is available at the risk of the user.
- Groups larger than 10 are not permitted and social distancing guidelines should be followed.
Jon’s cell – 443-864-7732; Chip’s cell – 443-326-2006
Click here for Tennis Lessons
Click here to see tennis camp information
Click here to see the Adult Tennis Events
NTRP RATING SCALE
Click here to see the NTRP Rating Scale